2012. november 21., szerda

About turkish men

There is something fascinating about Turkish men. No, not the amount of hair they generally possess, nor the endless number of tea and cigarette they consume. It's about the inexplicable change they go through during their childhood.

I always loved children but comparing them (who is more beautiful etc.) is just nonsense, they are all beautiful (just wait until mine rascals are born, I will change my mind). But I have to say Turkish little boys are the cutest on the planet. They are all small, fatty a bit, big eyes and curious nature, fooling around everywhere in the town, with or without parents. For turkish readers: the type of kid you say 'senin ağzını yerim' to.

But then something happens. While beautiful kids usually end up being beautiful adults, most turks lose their looks through puberty. It's seems impossible to me that those small white boys evolve into dark skinned, hairy and... well, something like this:



And please don't say this happens with all the kids. From around the age of 10 you can tell how an earthling will look like during his manhood, except for turks. Period.

Trabzon men (yes Turks in general but I have experience only with the first) have this nasty habit of walking together in groups of 5-10, all holding hands (arms, sorry). As I learnt it's just a sign of great friendship. My friend, Dovydas from Lithuania though committed a mistake during our erasmus and asked some of these guys whether they were gay or not, which they took as a great offense.

But let's get back to style. I have an ongoing mission during my stay: finding out why the heck do all men feel that they should all dress in suits. The answers I got so far:

- I don't know
- They want to look smart

But it's a real phenomena: from the shoe cleaner to the driver of the dolmuş, I'd say 80% of the city's male population wear suits. It's as traditional as wearing sombrero in Mexico, poncho in Peru, vodka in Russia, or women in Hungary (hope you understand the tricky composition here). My sole theory is that Atatürk was dressing smart all the time. It would make sense since the love towards the father of turks already explained the widespread rakı consumption, unkempt eyebrows and piercing looks amongst men.

Still, they are great friends and don't be surprised if after an hour they offer you things that you may never receive in Europe (any kind of help you need). So no matter how hairy they are, bushy their eyebrow is, or how often they cling on your arms, men of Turkey are reliable and excellent friends.

Except for the few motherfuckers I hate.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése