2014. május 21., szerda

Dim, wit

Man is dressing up in a dimly lit bedroom. Woman watches every movement of his.

-No, Lula. I'm sorry, but no.
- No what, Mickey?
- No for this. No for you.
- I don't understand, Mickey... don't you want me anymore? Don't you love me anymore?
- Hush, Lula. Enough of this nonsense.
- But Mickey, where did all those dreams go? You said you would love me forever! You said we'd fuck and drink forever, or maybe until we die...
- Enough of it, Lula. We can't.
- But Mickey! I'll go with you anywhere! Anywhere! I swear to God, I swear for the sake of my Ma' and Pa', and...
- Shut your mouth, silly.
- Am I silly, Mickey? Am I silly for loving you? Am I silly for wishing nothing but you?
- You are silly, Lula. You are silly for following me.
- Oh but a woman does what a woman's heart tells her to do. And my heart tells me to follow you, Mickey.
- I'm leaving town, Lula. And I won't stop just to eat, sleep and fuck.
- I don't care, Mickey! Take me with you! Take me and stop to eat and sleep and fuck with me!
- I can't, Lula.
- But why?
Woman pants miserably. Man appears to be wondering for a second. He turns his head towards the woman.
- Why? You ask why? Here is my answer. I go cuz I have to go. I go cuz I'm not from here. I go cuz I don't love you. I go cuz I'm restless. I go cuz I'm selfish. I go cuz I'm weary.
- Stay Mickey... if you are weary. I can cure that.
- No woman could cure weariness. You cause weariness. You simply don't use poison as remedy.
- What do you mean Mickey?
- I mean I have to go, sweet Lula.
Man finishes dressing. Woman makes no movement, just stares at him.
- What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you.
- Oh Lula. You and your sentimental hunger for drama. Things aren't as Chris Isaak sings it.
- They are Mickey. And you rivers are also on fire, just in the song. But I'm calm, Mickey. And you know why?
- Tell me.
- It's cuz I know that nobody loves no one. And you ain't an exception, Mickey.
Man pulls a bitter grimace, a wicked smile maybe. Opens the door, slams it. Woman sobs silently as his footsteps fade.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése