2014. július 14., hétfő

Multi-class

I've started playing the best video game ever. Once more. My head starts to fill up with elves, magic, dungeons and shit. Way to spend a summer.
Few of the many disadvantages of sucking on the tits of Baldur's Gate 2 again:
- night shift ends with some casual point-and-click instead of sleeping
- day off is ruined by staying in bed 'just one more hour'
- browsing geek forums in order to solve puzzles and stupid riddles only geeks can solve
No, I can't really see any advantage expect for:
- Getting excited about fulfilling the romance between the main character and the drow female NPC (and that's painstakingly pathetic)

As you may assume, this is exactly the kind of free time activity one would keep as a secret. But my dearest friend Géza just drew an amazing parallel between my gaming activity and our lives. We discussed our careers during the infamous third-place match at a bar in Fonyód, sipping some beer and trying to look as mature and grown-up as we could. I said,
'I want to have two lives, just as my father. He has an academic one where he teaches and does research; and has the artistic where he plays the piano and composes great stuff.'
Géza smiled and quipped:
'It's intriguing indeed to be multi-classed. But remember, you have to divide the XP between both sides, and you need plenty of support from magical items and companion, otherwise you'll be surpassed by the single-classed ones.'
And that was the best piece of advice I've received lately.

Go for the Master, become a teacher; polish your writing skills and publish your book: be the writer.

That's my multi-class, that is my purported trajectory for the coming years, decades and life.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése