2012. október 23., kedd

Stormclouds gather

Dreams can change my mood. Dreams can affect my thinking. Dreams have that rare ability to raise my lowered head, my powerless body from the ground. Dreams make me cry or laugh in the mornings; they influence me greatly.

I had a dream yesterday...

Before beginning, start the music below. No, I'm not making it more emotional: this song was the background music of the whole dream (if the embed won't work, try it here, here or google Clint Mansell-Death is the road to awe):



I'm at home. Szentendre, Hungary. Stormclouds are gathering outside. I have  a growing fear about the immense mass of clouds. As they slowly take over the last blue spots of the sky, light diminishes. Wind blows into my face as I close the windows. They are bringing the smell of something... that I'm afraid of. Misi, my brother (he is 12 now) helps me and apparently his happiness won't be bothered by my heavy thoughts on the coming storm. Nor Andris (now 9), who keeps fooling around as he always did. My mom though feels what I feel. We are looking through the window, as the darkness deepens. We are afraid. She says something like 'we can't run away'.

The scene changes. The blanket of the clouds painted by the colors of woe is appears to be broken a bit. Sunbeams punch holes on these massive, gray bodies. I'm looking at a great landscape as I roam through a vast green field. Mountains high as I saw in Georgia and grasslands green as in Hungary, this breathtaking view transforms swiftly, as I'm only a thought which travels through the land. I arrive on the top of a skyscraper. I see a small city below, people walking on the streets and cars passing on the roads. A friend from Eger sits atop, waiting for me. I'm concerned about the storm: the clouds are a mute danger of something none of us want to experience.

'Sit down' she says. My fear grows as I feel something is approaching: it's not the storm itself but something related to it. I know somehow that my brothers are dead now. I still see my mother, this time standing in the field next to our house, eyes full of tears but looking deep into the heart of the clouds. My friend continues. 'You know you gotta jump' she says 'That's the only way of escaping'. I'm heavily disagreeing as we are at a top of a 50 storey building. I throw down a rock which clatters and breaks to pieces as it reaches the ground.

'You never trust yourself, Peter. Jumping is not death. It's trusting yourself.' I'm on the verge of crying as this thing beyond words is approaching me, as it is coming obviously for me.

I jump.

Landing easily, my feet touches the grounds, and bending my knees I get enough power to jump again- but this time to the sky. Am I flying? I... can't. I'm almost reaching her, but I fall back. As my friend looks at my receding silhouette I hear her thoughts.

'You learnt how to fall Peter. Now you know how easy it is to survive. But you won't fly now. Stay on the ground and learn how to fly. That is the real road to awe.'

(...)

My eyes pop out. The music still plays in my head. My eyes are soaked with tears. What was this? My chosen road is sending me an approval message? Or tries to scare me away?

I'm not tired although I was for the previous two months for every morning. My mind is clean as if it was lyed with the liquid of true vision. I dry up my eyes. It has to be cold out there, I'm freezing...

I pull the curtain aside.

Stormclouds are gathering outside. I feel patient as I look at them. As they slowly take over the last blue spots of the sky, light diminishes...

I step to street and wind blows into my face.

3 megjegyzés:

  1. I've never remembered for my dreams such detail. Seeing dead your relatives means that you afraid of their loss. Please do not ascribe too much importance to your dreams.
    But it was impressive.
    (I hope my English is understandable:-))

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. of course it was understandable! and thank you for the appreciation. it inspires me greatly :)
      im ascribing a lot to my dreams-but not to the part where my family is dead ofc... :)

      Törlés
  2. Egy idevágó réges-régi álmom.

    Ősz. Pont október vége. Erdő, hegyoldal. Aljnövényzet nélkül. Sárguló levelek rotyognak a lábam alatt. Lépegetek lassan és engedelmesen előre, és felfelé. A hegycsúcs felé.

    Nem érzek semmit. Sem meleget sem hideget. Ugyan én cipelem a testem mindig csak tovább, de furcsa mód olyan mintha vinnének.
    Légpárnán.

    Nem fáradok ki. Semmi nem visz el tőlem energiát.
    Igy semmi mást nem kell csinálnom, mint csodálkozni,
    meg ábrándozni.
    Az erdő nyújtotta pazar szinek kavalkádján.

    Egyedül vagyok, de mégis itt van mindenki velem és bennem.
    Jólesik görgetni az emlékek szines kavicsait a kobakom egyik feléből át a másikba.

    Tehát a menetrend: szinek kint és szinek bent! A belsőket én rendezgetem, a kintieket talán az Isten...
    Jólesik a csend, s benne a levelek közti lépteim zizegő motozása.
    Nyugodt vagyok.

    Azaz csak voltam. A hegycsúcsra érve elkeseredetten és döbbenten veszem észre, hogy a kilátó tömve van zajongó turistákkal.
    Na, erről ennyit-gondolom- és már fordulnék is vissza a nyugodt kis emlékrendezgető ábrándos légpárnával kombinált botorkálásom biztonsága felé, de rémülettel és iszonyattal veszem észre hogy a visszaút közben megszűnt!
    Az ábra: egy jókora játszótér alapterületű sziklacsúcson ragadtam
    több száz sorstársammal.

    Hol itt a visszaút kérdezem egyiküktől. Nincsen visszaút hacsak nem az ott ni! Azzal fejével a sziklacsúcs egyik pereme felé bök.
    Ekkor tudatosul bennem hogy amit turisták bosszantó zajongásának hittem, az a reménytelenek halálsikolya.
    Aki ugyanis már nem birja cérnával az ugrik. Le, a feneketlen mélységbe...

    Jéghideg verejtékben úszva osztok és szorzok: itt a vég!
    Könnyek csorognak az arcomon.
    Hol van már a meghitt
    őszi botorkálás...
    A múltba, jövőbe bonyolitott elme szelid
    cammogása...
    Agyam lázasan kattog és zakatol, kell hogy legyen valami kiút!

    Tébolyultan keringek a sziklán a rémisztő tömegben akár egy gazdátlan szatellit. A zaj megörjit.
    Egyre több ember veti le magát a peremről. De furcsa mód a sziklán a népsűrűség
    mégis egyre nő!
    Félek a szikla pereméhez lépni, mégis megteszem. De lenézni már nem merek.

    "Nézzél csak le nyugodtan Papa!"-szólal meg mellettem egy cérnavékony hangocska.
    Peti fiam az, kis keze az izzadtságtól csatakos bal tenyerembe simul.
    Lepillantok.

    Jeges fekete mélységet, egy iszonytató koromsötét feneketlen kutat várok.
    Helyette ameddig a szem ellát, vagy 15 emeletnyi mélységben, gyönyörű sötétkék tengert pillantok meg.
    "De hát a többiek"-hebegem-"ők nem ezt látják?"
    "Nem mindenki..."-szólal meg egy mély hang ezúttal a jobb oldalamon vagy két méter magasból és Ő is megfogja (a jobb) kezemet.

    "Ne aggódj Papa, ugorj!"-kiáltja Peti, kitépi kezét a kezemből
    és a szakadékba veti magát.
    Üvöltök rendesen...
    Ahogy a torkomon kifér.
    Látom amint kis teste a vizbe csapódik, de minő csoda...
    Könnyedén a felszinre úszik, és már int is, hogy kövessem!
    "Rajtad a sor, ne félj!"-szól a magas alak.
    Végre felnézek rá, de az arcát nem tudom felismerni.
    Valamiféle furcsa árnyék takarja...

    Már tudom, hogy ugrani fogok.
    Most már csak egy kérdés van:
    Hová rakjam a szemüvegem?

    Felébredek.

    A csattanót már ismered.
    Évek múltán jöttem rá, hogy ki volt a magas alak a jobbomon.
    A saját apám, akire az álmomban mint kisfiú néztem fel.
    Rád pedig mint fiamra, mint felnőtt pillantottam le.

    VálaszTörlés